You are viewing a holiday cottage to rent in Arklow, Brittas Bay, County Wicklow. It is a Detached Converted Farm Buildings.
This charming barn conversion is located 5 miles from Arklow, 9 miles from Gorey on the Wicklow/Wexford border and just 10 minute drive from the M11 motorway. It has been beautifully restored with wonderful attention to detail and oozes character with its exposed beams and tasteful touches. The twin mezzanine bedroom is accessible by a railed ladder. There is free Wi-Fi, a pool table and bikes provided for guests use. This is a fabulous location and a charming holiday home.
Shop. Pub 1.5 miles. Restaurant. Beach 5 miles.
GF: lounge/kitchen/diner with double sofa bed, games room (with pool table), utility room (outdoor), kingsize double, wetroom. FF: twin (mezzanine floor - accessed by a ladder).
Electricity and oil central heating included, wood burner with starter pack, linen and towels included, No Smoking, travel cot, high chair, TV, radio, CD, freezer, microwave, w/machine, babysitting on request, internet access, hairdryer, alarm clock, welcome pack, fully enclosed garden, garden furniture, bbq, locked shed available for storage, private off road parking, free bicycles available. One pet welcome.
The mezzanine bedroom with twin beds is accessible by a railed ladder. A separate kingsize bedroom is on the ground floor as well as a separate wetroom.
There is an all weather BBQ area beside the property with a pool table, basketball hoop, foosball table and swing ball set. The owner also has hens and guests are welcome to collect eggs when they are laying!
The nearest village is Coolgreany in Co. Wexford which has two pubs and a shop.
Arklow (4 miles) is a lively town with a large indoor swimming pool, Bridgewater Shopping Centre, cinema and a variety of pubs and restaurants.
This property is located right next to the Wicklow/Wexford border so it is an ideal base to explore the South East coast with day trips to Courtown to the South or Dublin to the North.
Things to see and do locally include;
- Numerous beaches including Arklow beach, Clogga beach and the Blue Flag beach at Brittas Bay,
- Tick Tock Farm (1 mile) a small petting farm with activities for children.
- Arklow Maritime Museum. In its day Arklow was one of the busiest ports in Ireland and renowned for boat building as well as fine pottery.
- Numerous golf courses nearby including The European Club at Brittas Bay, a 20 hole links course and Woodenbridge Golf Club parkland course.
- Wexford Lavender Farm (5 miles) ideal for all of the family,
- Knockanree Garden in Avoca (8 miles) a prize winning garden with interesting sculptures. Wicklow is known as the Garden County of Ireland.
- Wicklow Brewery in Redcross, offers tours and beer tasting evenings. Known locally as Micky Finns, this is an award winning brewery.
- Kilmacurragh Botanical Gardens (20 miles) the centrepiece of an 18th centry estate, now famous for its conifers. Part of the National Botanic Gardens of Ireland.
- Wicklow Mountains National Park Visitor Centre (21 miles), Glendalough, an historic walking area with stunning scenary.
- Powerscourt House and Gardens, near Enniskerry (40 miles) one of the worlds great gardens, a must visit.
- The wind turbines Raheemleagh Wind Farm on Croghan Mountain have viewing points open to the public. There are lots of walks and trails here.
Walking 0.01 miles. Traditional Music, Horse riding 1.5 miles. Leisure centre and indoor pool, Fishing, Coastal walks, Cinema, Childrens Playground 5 miles. Golf 7 miles.
Read customer reviews about this cottage