You are viewing a holiday cottage to rent in Trim, East Coast, County Meath. It is a Terraced Townhouse.
This is one of twenty eight modern homes on the grounds of a hotel, two miles from the historical town of Trim on the banks of the river Boyne, 32 miles from Dublin city. This delightful home offers light and airy accommodation with tastful decor. Enjoy complimentary access to the hotels swimming pool, sauna and gym. On site is an 18 hole golf course and each home has its own miniature putting green. Noted attractions in the area include Trim Castle, the largest Norman Castle in Ireland. In Co Meath day trips to enjoy include Tayto Theme Park, Fairyhouse Racecourse and Irish Aquatic Sports center - Ireland's top wakeboarding and water skiing training facility. Wifi is available in the hotel lobby.
Shop. Pub. Restaurant 2 miles. Beach 30 miles.
GF: lounge/kitchen/diner, double with ensuite shower room, w.c. FF: double with single with ensuite bathroom (shower over bath), double with two singles with ensuite shower room.
Gas and Electricity are charged at EUR10 per night, linen included, TV, dvd player, fridge with small ice box, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, gas fire, hairdryer, fully enclosed garden, private off road parking, pitch and putt. Sorry no pets.
~ Towels for the Health Club are charged at EUR1 per towel.
~ There is a EUR100 security deposit required on arrival.
~ Special Breakfast Price of EUR12 per person for adults. Children under 5 are charged at EUR6.50 and children over 6 are charged at EUR12.
Trim is a good example of a traditional Irish town with unique Irish owned shops such as Stilleto shoe shop, The Beauty Clinic, Kilkenny Shop, Handmade Gallery, Ebony Boutique, The Wool Shop, Antonia's Bookstore, Factory Direct Clothing not to mention Lidl supermarket, Centra and Supervalu grocery stores.
Visitors to the Kilkenny Shop at Trim Castle Hotel can enjoy coffee or lunch in Barista Cafe or the Bailey Bar.
Free WiFi is available in the Hotel lobby.
Golf and equipment can be hired but is subject to availability and must be prebooked. The costs are as follows;
Green Fees EUR39.00 per person
Buggy Hire EUR30.00
Club Hire EUR15.00
Trim Castle, which was once the largest castle in Ireland and was built over centuries. It boasts an impressive donjon (main tower) and extensive walls. Enjoy exploring Trim Castle with a guided tour.
The Yellow Steeple is located opposite Trim Castle and is still the tallest building in Trim. This is the last remnant of St. Mary's Abbey and the name derives from the colouring at sunset.
- St. Patrick's Cathedral, Church of Ireland is to be found in Loman Street and is the disputed oldest Anglican Church in Ireland. You can still see the original church's ruins which are located behind today's church.
- Boyne River Walk connects Trim with Newtown and takes around three quarters of an hour to complete.
- St. John the Baptist Hospice is an impressive ruin found just across the Boyne from Newtown Abbey, and was once a fortified hospital offering refuge for pilgrims.
- Tim Circuit Courthouse was built in the 19th century and recently extended. The courthouse overlooks the castle.
Other attractions in Co. Meath include:
- The Fairyhouse Racecourse is one of Ireland's premier horse racing venues located in Ratoath.
- Irish Aquatic Sports Centre is Ireland's top wakeboarding and water skiing training facility and is located in Arodstown, Summerhill.
- Tayto Park theme park and zoo offering a fun day out for all the family located in Kilbrew, Ashbourne