You are viewing a holiday cottage to rent in Belmullet, Broadhaven, County Mayo. It is a Detached Cottage.
This gorgeous cottage is located 8 miles from Belmullet and a stroll from Elly Beach in an area of unspoilt natural beauty. It is beautifully furnished throughout with an outside dining area boasting breathtaking views. A pull out single bed, ideal for a child is available in one of the kingsize double rooms. Gateway leisure outside Belmullet town offers bowling, pool tables, and plasma screens for watching sporting events. Carne Golf Links, which lies in magnificent unspoiled sand dunes overlooking Blacksod Bay and Atlantic Ocean is a must to visit.
Shop 2.5 miles. Pub. Restaurant 8 miles. Beach 1056 yards.
GF: lounge, kitchen/diner, 2 kingsize doubles 1 with ensuite shower room, bathroom.
linen and towels included, cot, TV, dvd player, CD, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, hairdryer, alarm clock, welcome pack, partially enclosed garden, garden furniture, private off road parking. One pet welcome.
The cottage is situated in an area of spectacular scenery and unspoilt natural beauty, within easy reach of miles of sandy beaches, waiting to be explored. This cosy gem offers all the mod cons necessary to make your stay here stress free whatever the season.
* This is a watersport enthusiast's paradise, where one can surf the waves, canoe, windsurf, kitesurf, dive and swim - there is a beach or cove here to suit all types of watersport.
* This area also appeals to the artist and photoapher because of the coastal landscapes of sandy beaches and cliff scenery.
* The holiday home is just a stroll from two blue flag beaches at Mullaghroe (1050 yards) and Elly
Bay (2500 yards).
* Bird watching can be enjoyed by all the family. There is a wide variety of garden and shore birds to be observed during different seasons. The Corncrake, now almost extinct, can be heard on a summer's evening in the meadow fields on the peninsula, if weather conditions are favourable.
* This is an excellent walking area. Walks are graded ea to difficult.
* Cycling on the side roads, some are devoid of traffic, can also be enjoyed. Bicycles can be hired locally.
* Visit the off-shore uninhabited islands of Inis Geidhe and Inis Gluaire. Boats can be hired locally. Trips are weather dependent. This is an area suitable for rock and deep-sea fishing also.
* The cottage is within an easy drive of Ballycroy National Park, Achill Island, Ceide Fields, the newly opened Western Greenway, the walk or cycle way from Westport to Achill.
* There can be some difficulty accessing broadband in the area, however there is an internet cafe in Belmullet village where guests can avail of the internet service.
* This is a Gaeltacht area. Hundreds of students come each year to local Irish language colleges, to improve their Irish. Irish is spoken locally.
There are many local festivals organised, mainly during the summer time.
* The Blacksod Point Challenge (Triathlon) is held in late August or early September. The challenge includes swim course 1,500m (sea), cycle course 23km and run course 10km.
* La an Logha, translated The Day of Indulgence. This is the single biggest event of the year in the area, it takes place on the 15th August in Belmullet. It is the highlight of the summer season and emigrants arrange their holidays around this time. Huge crowds gather, school and childhood friendships are often renewed.
* Feile Iorrais International Folk Arts Festival, is held each July. There are visiting folk and arts groups, some workshops for adults and children along with literary competitions.
* Gweesalia (Goath SailFestival is held each August. It is a festival of fun, which includes horse and pony racing and a dog show along with many more events on Doolough beach.
* Belmullet Sea Angling Festival. Renowned internation annual festival. The competition is held in August.
Walking .5 miles. Coastal walks 0.6 miles. Fishing 1 miles. Traditional Music 2.5 miles. Golf 4 miles. Swimming Pool, Leisure centre and indoor pool, Childrens Playground 8 miles. Walking - Hill 20 miles. Cinema 48 miles.
Read customer reviews about this cottage