You are viewing a holiday cottage to rent in Doohoma, Blacksod Bay, County Mayo. It is a Detached House.
A stunning home boasting amazing views across Blacksod Bay, a mere stroll from Doohooma village and a 9 hole par 3 golf course, 12 miles from Bangor Erris and 1 hour from the larger town of Ballina. Beautifully furnished throughout, with a bar and games room which has a pool table and darts board, free internet access with a Wii for rainy days.
Shop. Pub. Restaurant 880 yards. Beach 440 yards.
GF: lounge, kitchen/diner, dining room, utility room, 4 doubles 2 with ensuite shower room, bathroom with separate shower. FF: games room, double with ensuite bathroom and separate shower.
Electricity and oil central heating included, wood burner with starter pack, linen and towels included, travel cot, high chair, stair gate, dvd player, CD, freezer, microwave, w/machine, dryer, ipod docking station, internet access, alarm clock, welcome pack, partially enclosed garden, garden furniture, locked shed available for storage, private off road parking. Small pets welcome.
~ Located on Doohoma Head this house has panoramic views from each window over Blackhead Bay. Achill Island is also visible to the South across Tallaghan Bay.
~ The house has a games/playroom and includes a pool table and dart board.
~ Free Wi-Fi.
~ The surrounding villages of Gweesalia and Bangor Ellis have shops and pubs and are a short drive away. Gweesalia also has a visitors centre.
~ This is a great location for getting away from it all and walks in the surrounding area can take you to the fantastic viewing points of "Ceann Ramhor and Ba Thulachan".
~ The area is renowned for its outstanding natural beauty and rich biodiversity.
~ Walks in the surrounding area include - The Western Way and The Bangor Trail.
Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean with panoramic views of Achill Island and the Mullet peninsula; the property is ideally located for Walking, Cycling, Fishing, Golf, Adventure and Day trips.
Located in Erris (winner of The Best Place to Go Wild in Ireland (http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/and-the-winner-of-the-best-place-to-go-wild-in-ireland-is-1.1823351) and one of the most impressive sections of the Wild Atlantic Way (http://www.thewildatlanticway.com/erris-ballina-to-belmullet-mayo.html).
Doohoma and Erris has an abundance of activities on offer including:
- For the walking enthusiasts, there are sandy beaches, pebbled beaches and cliffs within walking distance from the house, for those who enjoy trails, there are a number of renowned walking routes in the region including the Bangor Trail, The Children Of Lir Loop, Erris Head Loop Walk and the CeathruThaidgh Loop walk.
- As well as walking, there are several scenic driving routes to be explored including the Mullet Peninsula, the North Coast Road (which takes in the Ceide Fields and D*nBriste) and Achill Island via Ballycroy National Park.
- For golfers, Doohoma Golf Course is a couple of minutes walk from the house (day memberships can be organised locally). For the more serious golfer; the award winning Carne Golf course is 16 miles away and will afford even the most experienced golfer a challenge, as well as offering unparalleled views from every hole.
- For cyclists, the Great Western Greenway (a renowned cycling route) is less than an hour drive. Bicycles can be hired from Mulranny, Newport and Westport.
- For the fishermen amongst you, there is an abundance of fishing options in the area including rock fishing at Doohoma Head and Doolough, River Fishing at Owenmore and Lake fishing at Carrowmore. More information can be found at http://www.bangorerrisangling.com/, http://www.bangorerrisangling.com/lake.html and http://www.fishinginireland.info/sea/northwest/belmullet.htm.
- For the kids, Gateway Leisure in Belmullet has plenty to keep all the family entertained: ten pin bowling lanes, pool tables, air hockey tables, an island adventure area specifically for children, birthday party rooms and a 9 hole mini golf course. There is also a large selection of amusement machines, seven plasma screens for viewing the latest sporting events, a fully licensed bar and restaurant, and a coffee dock.
- For those looking for adventure, Waveway Sea Adventure offers several activities include Island tours, sightseeing tours and adventures activities like snorkelling , sea kayaking and coasteering. Colaiste U.I.S.C.E. mixes adventure sports with learning Irish. Activities here include sailing, windsurfing, surfing, canoeing, archery, swimming, kayaking and climbing. Clay shooting is also available at the Mayo Shooting Grounds (formally Doolough Shooting Grounds).
- For those wanting a little 'me time', the Broadhaven Bay Hotel near Belmullet has a lovely spa; Spa Elysium, as well as the Ealu leisure centre offering a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, steam room, Jacuzzi and Sauna.