You are viewing a holiday cottage to rent in Spiddal, Galway Bay, County Galway. It is a Detached House.
Ideally located a mile from the fishing village of Spiddal on the Wild Atlantic Way, 10 miles from Salthill and 11 miles from Galway City. This country cottage has been renovated to create a delightful open plan living space resplendent in pine with welcoming wood burning stove. Relax upstairs on the balcony off the bedroom and enjoy beautful views of the ocean and mountains. A perfect base from which to explore the Connemara National Park or pop into the city for a night of live music! It is not suitable for children under 10yrs old (Babies welcome) as it is near to a main road.
Shop. Pub. Restaurant. Beach 440 yards.
GF: lounge/kitchen/diner, double, bathroom with shower over bath. FF: 2 doubles 1 with ensuite shower room and balcony.
Oil by meter read and electricity by meter read, wood burner with starter pack, linen and towels included, travel cot, high chair, stair gate, TV, radio, fridge/freezer, microwave, washer/dryer, internet access, hairdryer, electric blankets, uk tv channels, welcome pack, open plan garden, garden furniture, private off road parking. Sorry no pets.
This property is not suitable for toddlers/children under 10yrs old (babies are welcome) as the property is near to a main road.
There are plenty of things to see and do in the area including;
- Bearna Golf Club: Play a round of golf in this beautiful setting
- Ceardlann ( Craft Village): Irish culture, craft and food.
- Galway Bay Fishing: Sea Fishing day trips from Spiddal pier.
- Spiddal Angling School: experience angling and fly fishing
- Killary Cruises: Cruise Irelands only Fjord.
- Corrib Princess: Explore the historic River Corrib
- Rusheen Bay Windsurfing: Windsurfing, Kayaking and Paddleboarding.
- Spiddal Riding School:
- Standun: Traditional Irish Knitwear
- Loughwell Farm Park: Friendly animals, Go Karts, indoor beach 3 miles.
- Galway Atlantaquaria: Take a look beneath the waves of Galway Bay.
- Pure Skill: 25 thousand square foot indoor sports activity centre.
- Leisureland: Swimming Pool and fitness
- Ros na Run: Visit the fictional village set.
- South Connemara Walks - numerous walks amongst stunning scenery
Mike Scott and the Waterboys recorded two albums in Spiddal Lodge in the late 1980's (Fishermans Blues and Room to Roam )
Walking - Easy on site. Football Pitch, Fishing - Sea, Traditional Music, Horse riding 1 miles. Childrens Playground 3 miles. Golf 7 miles. Leisure Club with gym, hot-tub, sauna, steam room 8.6 miles.
Read customer reviews about this cottage