You are viewing a holiday cottage to rent in Fahan, Inishowen Peninsula, County Donegal. It is a Detached Cottage.
Situated one mile from Fahan village, six miles from Buncrana and only thirteen miles from the City of Londonderry. Beautifully furnished, this wee gem is set in the rolling countryside with stunning views over Lough Swilly and Inch Island making for the perfect, peaceful retreat. It's very private and secluded yet just a mile to the nearest village Fahan with it's beautiful beach. Bustling Londonderry is less than thirty minutes' drive away with several shopping centres and many tourist attractions.
Shop. Pub. Restaurant. Beach 1 mile.
GF: lounge, kitchen/diner, utility room. FF: 2 doubles, bathroom with separate shower.
Electricity and oil central heating included, wood burner with starter pack, linen and towels included, aga style stove, cot, high chair, stair gate, TV, dvd player, fridge with small ice box, microwave, w/machine, dryer, books and games, games console, hairdryer, welcome pack, partially enclosed garden, garden furniture, picnic bench, locked shed available for storage, private off road parking. Sorry no pets.
Fahan village has a beautiful beach, an award-winning restaurant, a shop and two pubs.
Buncrana town has three supermarkets including Aldi and Lidl, a handful of independent shops and a variety of pubs and restaurants. There is a medial centre, two banks, a pharmacy and many playgrounds for families to enjoy.
Londonderry is a large city with much on offer for everyone to enjoy.
- Fort Dunree Military Museum in Buncrana first opened in 1986 and attracts guests from all over the world with displays recreating past events. There are beautiful walks and a cafe on site.
- Donegal Photo Tours offer photography workshops with regular outings taking small groups to various locations to enhance their skills. There is no better place in Ireland for stunning photography!
- Buncrana Musical Festival is held annually in June. Clonmany Festival is held annually in August.
- Derry City Walls are a must during your visit. Derry is the only remaining walled city in Ireland and a walk along the walls offer an insight to the city's history.
- Tower Museum in Derry offers an explanation of the political conflict that made the city what it is today. There are many murals throughout Derry too that offer insight in to the past.
- The house is located just 15 minutes' drive from Wild Ireland, a new attraction in Burnfoot offering a step back in time to ancient woodland inhabited by extinct creatures including bears, wolves, lynx and wild boars.
- Fishing is readily available nearby on Crana River (7 miles) which is ideal for salmon fishing between March and September. You can also fish off Buncrana Pier.
Coastal walks, Water sports, Cycling, Walking - Easy, Walking - Hill 1 miles. Bird watching 2 miles. Cinema, Golf, Childrens Playground 6 miles. Pony trekking, Fishing - River, Traditional Music, Horse riding, Football Pitch, Fishing - Sea 7 miles. Tennis, Swimming Pool, Leisure centre and indoor pool 9 miles. Theatre 10 miles.
Read customer reviews about this cottage