You are viewing a holiday cottage to rent in Goleen, Mizen Head, County Cork. It is a Detached House.
This newly built two storey home is nestled right in the heart of the Southern Irish countryside. It is 20 miles from Bantry, 25 miles from Skibbereen, 72 miles from Cork City, Goleen Village is just 4 miles and it is a half mile from Barley Cove, which has a wonderful sandy surf beach. The property has a spacious interior and is tastefully furnished throughout. With great coastal drives and walks, you can enjoy the areas natural unchanged beauty.
Shop. Pub. Restaurant 3 miles. Beach 1 mile.
GF: lounge, kitchen/diner, utility room, twin, w.c. FF: 3 doubles 1 with ensuite shower room, bathroom.
Oil by meter read and electricity by meter read, oil filled radiators, wood burner with starter pack, linen and towels included, travel cot, high chair, TV, dvd player, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, w/machine, dryer, uk tv channels, welcome pack, partially enclosed garden, garden furniture, locked shed available for storage, private off road parking. Sorry no pets.
- The development at Barley Cove includes a 9 hole Par 3 golf course.
- With the beach only a minutes walk away swimming, surfing and windsurfing are all within easy reach.
- The area is an anglers paradise with excellent shore, deep sea and game angling.
- With the new pontoon and berthing facilities at nearby Crookhaven, sailing has enjoyed significant growth and popularity.
- The local scenery is spectacular with the highlight being the 400 foot cliffs of Mizen Head. Enjoy the miles of scenic coastal walks, or the tranquility of excellent bird watching.
- This beautiful location can be enjoyed even more with local pony trekking
- Not only do you have an excellent beach on your doorstep but the area is home to some of the best beaches and coastal areas in the country.
- Barley Cove Beach Hotel itself offers excellent Restaurant and Bar facilities. Nearby towns also include a selection of restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. The local craft shops stock all local and national artists.
- The Heritage Centre, 35 minutes away, is home to the Great Famine Commemoration Exhibition and commemorates the Irish Famine of the 1840s known as the Great Hunger
Walking - Hill 1 miles. Childrens Playground 3 miles. Traditional Music 4 miles. Horse riding 5 miles.
Read customer reviews about this cottage